Dom assess and treats most anxiety and mood disorders using Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Schema Therapy approaches.
Referrals can be self referrals, through the GP, Physio or any medical practitioner.
Dom works with clients:
- 15 years and older (as well as with their parents).
- Most clinical anxiety (e.g. generalised anxiety, social anxiety, performance anxiety), mood disorders (e.g. depression, bipolar, emotion regulation) and insomnia.
- Sub-clinical difficulties such as life stress, work-life balance difficulties, and basic mentoring to live a more fulfilling life.
Because there are people out there who are more expert and do a better job than Dom in certain areas, Dom is unlikely to work with:
- Those who have significant substance abuse difficulties.
- Active psychosis
- Children 14 years and under.
- Couples or marriage counselling.
- Family Therapy.
- Risk management services.
Although some of the aforementioned concerns are not Dom's speciality, he has an excellent relationship with other organisations and private practitioners. Therefore, Dom is more than happy for you to contact him and he can recommend clinicians better suited to your needs in the Waikato and Auckland areas.